TeleConnect House Calls
Dr. Taaka Cash, DNP, MPH, MSN, RN, PMHNP-BC, founded Teleconnect, INC, located in Tarrant County, in 2015. Treating the child, adolescent, adult and elderly population. TeleConnect is an entity, which seeks to support the evolution of mental healthcare locally and internationally by reaching out to educate, support, and provide access to care that is in accordance with the Institute of Medicine (IOM) mandates. The telemedicine industry is newly developing and dynamic through the use of internet connection and a webcamera. It is an industry of vast growth and potential, which is becoming a leveraging force in the field of healthcare, specifically behavioral health.
The purpose of Teleconnect, Inc. is to provide timely access to quality behavioral health care with experienced providers via the modality of videoconferencing, also known as telemedicine. Teleconnect, Inc. seeks to drive down the cost of behavioral healthcare by providing efficient, patient-centered care that reduces the burden of illness, injury, and disability, thus improving the health and functioning of the people we serve.
The goal of Teleconnect, Inc. is to become the premier telemedicine provider of quality behavioral health services by promoting accessible, individualized, and cost-effective care. Tele connect, Inc. targets to those individuals who may benefit from the services to include: rural and under-served communities, corporations, facilities, educational institutions, and all other entities in the state of Texas that are challenged in the ability to access quality, cost-effective mental health care.
BENEFITS of TELEMEDICINE
- Increase access to Mental Health Care via video conferencing for non-emergent mental health issues. You will see a Psychiatrist, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, or a Counselor or therapist. If you are a harm to yourself please call 911 for assistance immediately.
- Remain in your local community and not travel long distances
- Improve health outcomes (reduced mortality rates, reduced complications and reduced hospital stays); obtain initial screen over the phone!
- Cost Effective! Reduced healthcare costs! TeleConnect, Inc. cost far less than an in office mental healthcare visit!
- 100% electronic, you have access to your electronic health record; your information is not shared with anyone!
- Timely: Reducing drive-time, wait times, and delays in mental healthcare! Transportation savings via nursing homes and missed work and income savings!
- By appointments only; averaging 45-60 minutes on the first initial session and follow-ups are 15-20 minutes in duration.
- Equitable: Giving quality mental healthcare across Texas that does not vary due to geographic location or socioeconomic status
- Cost Effective: TeleConnect, Inc. cost far less than an in office mental healthcare visit!
Please note: Prescriptions based on mental health needs. Medication is a last resort with us but if medication is appropriate, the Tele-Connect provider will make a recommendation based on your mental health needs. TeleConnect does not dispense prescription drugs nor will you receive a written prescription. Prescriptions are submitted electronically via (SureScripts) or by phone to the pharmacy of your choice. We are benzodiazapine and stimulant free.
Please note: Controlled substances can be effective in the treatment of illness, pain, and disease and must, therefore, be accessible to persons who medically need them. These same drugs, however, have the capacity to cause addiction, injury, impairment, and death when abused, misused or diverted to illegal use.
Thus, we DO NOT prescribe controlled medications to include: Benzodiazepines (Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, Restoril, Valium or any other medications in this class) or Stimulants (Adderall, Concerta, Daytrana, Ritalin, Focalin, Vyvanse or any other medications in this class) or Sedative/Hypnotics (Ambien, Sonata, and Lunesta)
We believe that psychiatric mental health house-call professionals have an obligation to provide and utilize the most efficient and effective means of meeting the client’s mental, social, physical, emotional and spiritual needs. The Psychiatric Mental Health House Call Program advances this goal by meeting the total care needs of clients who cannot receive mental health care in the traditional clinic or office setting. This care includes medication management, adjustment and therapy. We further believe that the Psychiatric Mental Health House Call Program must achieve and sustain mental health and wellness, health maintenance, restorative, illness prevention, and functional/self-care independence of clients, and thereby:
- Prevent unnecessary admissions to nursing homes
- Reduce the length and recurrence of hospitalization
- Diminish unnecessary utilization of out-patient institutional services
We believe that each client has the right to be treated with human dignity and respect, regardless of age, creed, sex, handicap, or national origin. We further believe that each client has the right of independent decision making relating to the extent and goals of Psychiatric Mental Health house calls services given to them. This means we have a responsibility to adhere to the client’s decisions throughout our service and to set goals which are acceptable to the client. Finally, we believe that the client has the right to decide the setting of their death. For us, this means that when the client chooses to die at home, rather than in an institution, we have the responsibility to support that decision and to provide Psychiatric Mental Health house calls interventions which achieve death with dignity. We believe that clients have the rights to the highest quality of Psychiatric Mental Health house calls possible, given the resources available.
Please note: We provide services to all who would benefit. Whether in the home, assisted living facility, nursing home, etc., TeleConnectHousecalls can service your needs.